How your women’s health doctor in Austin, TX, can help you
A woman’s body is unique, and a woman’s medical care needs to be unique too. If you are a woman, you need to know your doctor is an expert at providing women’s health services to help you stay healthy. Dr. Paul Keinarth and Dr. Kelly Alberda at Margolin, Keinarth & Alberda Family Health Center in Austin, TX, provide a wide range of medical care, including women’s health services.
Women have a unique body designed with a reproductive system to carry and give birth to children. Women also typically have smaller bones, and a more delicate frame, making women more susceptible to issues like osteoporosis and arthritis.
Your women's health doctor will provide the treatment you need to keep your body healthy throughout your life. Your doctor will record and monitor your:
- Blood pressure, because an elevated blood pressure can cause heart damage
- Height and weight, to help you maintain a healthy weight
- Physical signs and symptoms of illness, to help you regain optimal health
Your doctor may also order lab tests and imaging studies to check your:
- Cholesterol, to help prevent heart disease
- Blood sugar levels, to check for diabetes
- Bone density, to check for osteoporosis
- Skeletal abnormalities, to check for arthritis
If you are going through menopause, your doctor may also:
- Prescribe medications to prevent osteoporosis
- Prescribe hormone replacement therapy to manage menopause symptoms
To read more detailed information about women’s health services, please visit the Women’s Health section on the website by clicking here.
To learn more about why women’s health is unique, call Dr. Paul Keinarth and Dr. Kelly Alberda at Margolin, Keinarth & Alberda Family Health Center in Austin, TX. You can reach them in the office by calling (512) 459-9889, so call today.